Friday, December 30, 2011

Officer awarded PhD Scholarship

Ms Rose Akombo at the Climate Change expo in Nairobi
Kenya Forest Service Assistant Director, Ms. Rose Akombo has been selected for a PhD Research Training Fellowship on Climate Change Impacts on Watershed Management under the Climate Change Impacts on Ecosystem Services and Food Security in Eastern Africa (CHIESA) Project for three years (2012–2014) after successfully passing an interview.  The project is coordinated by icipe in Nairobi, Kenya, and funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
The officer is currently deployed at the Climate Change Response Programme KFS HQs and has actively participated in various forums on climate change mitigation and adaptation at the local and international levels. In October KFS was awarded a Trophy for the Best Parastal during the Climate Change Innovation Exhibition at KICC under her leadership.  She will continue supporting the office while undertaking her studies at Kenyatta University.
The overall objective of CHIESA project is to fill critical gaps in knowledge related to climate and land change impacts on ecosystem services and develop adaptation strategies towards it by building the capacity of local research and administrative organizations by research, training and dissemination. The geographical coverage of CHIESA is Tanzania, Ethiopia and Kenya in eastern Africa and especially project target sites in the Jimma area, Pangani river basin and the Taita Hills all situated in the Eastern Afromontane Biodiversity Hotspot (EABH).
The research fellowship and the project activities will build the capacity of the officers and strengthen climate and land use change monitoring and prediction systems and adaptation strategies in the country. KFS will benefit by having officers who are better equipped for policy formulation through receiving early warnings for changes in ecosystem services. In addition the institution will have access to the project results through workshops, publications and the internet.
Article by Rose Akombo

7 comments:

  1. Look, I found an interesting news 3 lionesses attacked and killed a crocodile for the fact that he attacked their baby cub. Look how strong and dangerous animals in Africa tell me your opinions about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, I found an interesting news 3 lionesses attacked and killed a crocodile for the fact that he attacked their baby cub. Look how strong and dangerous animals in Africa tell me your opinions about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a person who offers loans to the national. With capital that will be used to grant loans between short-term and long-term individuals ranging from $5, 000 to $500,000,000 all the serious people being in the real needs, the interest rate is 3% over the entire repayment period. I make loans Financial in all areas. I am available to satisfy my customers within 24hours, see 1 day after your application send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply. 
    Regards, 
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO YOU NEED A LOAN?
    We give out loans with an affordable interest rate of 3%
    Captain One provide Excellent and Professional Financial Services and we are known and genuine money lenders across the globe
    Our services include the following:
    *Student Loans
    Truck Loan
    Personal Loan
    Debt consolidation loan
    Car Loans
    Business Loan
    Student Loan
    Mortgage Loan
    Refinancing Loan
    Home Loan
    Improvement loan
    Construction Loan
    Please write back if interested with our interest rate:Kindly contact us via:abdullahonlinefinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. real evidence and good news !!!

    My name is mohammad, I just received my loan and it has been transferred to my bank account, a few days ago I applied to the Dangote Loan Company through Lady Jane (Ladyjanealice@gmail.com), I asked Lady jane about the Dangote Loan Company's requirements and Jane told me that if I had all the requirements that my loan would be transferred to me without delay

    And believe me now because my Rp11 billion loan with 2% interest rate for my Coal Mining business has just been approved and transferred to my account, this is a dream to come, I am joining Lady jane that I will tell the world is this true? and I will answer the world today because this is true

    You don't have to pay registration fees, license fees, comply with the Dangote Loan Company and you will get your loan

    for more details contact me via email: mahammadismali234@gmail.com and contact the Dangote Loan Company for your loan now via email Dangotegrouploandepartment@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really very helpful for us and I have gathered some important information from this blog .. Kosher Certification

    ReplyDelete
  7. We offer loans at low Interest rate. Business loans and Personal loans are available. If you are In Debt we still offer you a loan since we are the last bus stop in financial Help contact us WhatsApp No:+918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric

    ReplyDelete